Thursday, April 12, 2012

Alice in Wonderland book art by Janae Breunig

During my visit to watch my son perform a recital at the University of Wisconsin at Eau Claire, I ducked into the student gallery. I had forgotten how fun it is to see student work and all the expression and freedom in each project. 


I imagine there was an assignment to take a book and create meaning out of it.  I came across this Alice in wonderland book which was so exciting to open. It was done by Janae Breunig and is called "Alice's Nonsensical Adventure in Wonderland"
book art with cut out pages

First you open the book to a hole, I imagine it is the rabbits hole.

Book art of alice in wonderland
As you flip through the book the pages are carefully cut out to create dimension and create a three dimensional image.

Book collage using Alice in wonderland
 Using the line "But I don't want to go among mad people" it appears the artist selected certain illustrations to highlight the story.